- Assist with risk identification and audit planning on audit areas.
- Undertake project planning, execution and management of audits.
- Assess and assemble resources as necessary for projects;
- Assist in ensuring that audits are undertaken in an integrated fashion with IT auditors;
- Perform system descriptions documentation;
- Perform the risk and control identification;
- Prepare audit programmes and undertake execution;
- Prepare, issue and present reports to management
- Train and develop junior staff members on audits;
- Facilitate engagements pertaining to specialized audit or technical areas within area of responsibility and ensure that all the relevant internal and external stakeholders are involved
- General project administration and file management.
- Ensure the audit plan is executed on time and per approved timelines.
- Ensure all work is delivered with the right quality.
- Good knowledge and experience of integrated audits.
- Analytical skills, agility and the ability to think outside the box.
- Good project management and administration skills including WIP management.
- The ability to independently run a project profitability, on time, within budget and at the expected quality.
- Good supervision and project management skills.
- Knowledge of audit tools such as Teammate will be advantageous.
- Diligence, commitment and a desire to be excellent.
- B Com degree / BTech in Accounting, Internal Audit or an equivalent qualification
- Studying towards CIA or CA(SA) – possession of either qualifications will be an advantage
Desired Work Experience
- At least 3 or more years of experience as an internal auditor.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (MS-Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Working Knowledge of audit tools such as Teammate
- In-depth knowledge of risks, controls, financial audits, performance audits, audit of performance information, governance, procurement and other areas expected