- Provision of tax advice (tax opinions) and performance of tax audits on wide range of portfolio of clients, ranging from small to large multinational companies (including CFC’s).
- Review or preparation of tax computations including deferred tax for financial reporting purposes.
- Audit of tax balances (current tax and deferred tax) in the Annual Financial Statements.
- Review tax returns and supporting schedules prepared by tax (senior) consultants and/or clients and recommend tax saving opportunities.
- Review or perform the calculations of provisional tax payments and provisional tax returns for submission to SARS.
- Provision of tax advice (tax opinions) on corporate restructuring, capital gain tax, cross border transactions.
- Assist clients in addressing SARS queries and in responding to SARS audits.
- Assist clients in preparation and submission of objection against SARS assessment.
- Assist clients with VDP and ruling applications, deferral of payment, refunds, debt write off and/or debt compromise.
- Writing tax articles for internal and external publications.
- Manage the tax due diligence assignments.
- Assisting and/or advising portfolio of clients on withholding tax on interest/royalties.
- Assisting and/or advising portfolio of clients on dividends tax.
- Perform high level reviews of Value Added Tax, Employees’ tax, etc.
- Performing project management and administrative functions including but not limited to timesheets, billing, collection of tax fees and performance evaluations.
- Selling and marketing the firm’s tax service/product offerings to existing and new clients.
- Maintain good working relationship with client management and staff at all levels in order to perform tax services.
Qualification and Experience
- Chartered Accountant, Master’s degree in Tax or BCom Hons Taxation
- 3 – 6 years post qualification corporate tax experience
- Experience in the following industries will be advantageous:
- Financial sector
- Mining sector
- Planning and project execution skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage team with no or limited supervision
- Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects with tight deadlines